This is one of my favorite sauces. We love to use it for dipping egg rolls, potstickers, my husband even likes it to spice up mac and cheese…I’m not sure if I recommend that or not. I also love to use this sauce in cabbage slaws and on fish. Be creative with your uses and enjoy the sweet heat!
This sauce lasts forever in a covered container in the refrigerator….maybe not forever but 30 days is good to go.
Sweet Chili Sauce
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 3/4c. Sugar
- 1/2c. Rice vinegar
- 1/4c. Water
- 1tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 1tbsp. Crushed red pepper
- 1tbsp. Sriracha
- 1tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1tbsp. Cold water
- 1.5tsp. Fish sauce
- In a small pot over medium heat, add sugar, vinegar, water, garlic, red pepper, and sriracha. Whisk together.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the cornstarch and water to create a cornstarch slurry.
- Whisk the slurry into the sauce and bring back to a boil.
- Boil for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Take the sauce off the heat and whisk in the fish sauce, this will add a nice saltiness to the sauce.