The cranberry sauce I make around the holidays is super simple, sweet, and tangy. It’s exactly what you want to bring a little color and acid to your Thanksgiving plate and leftover turkey sandwiches.
I also LOVE a little bit of this orange cranberry sauce on a crostini with goat cheese, add a little pistachio or walnut and it’s a very simple but delicious hors d’oeuvre for any holiday party.
All ingredients are combined in a pot over medium heat, until it begins to bubble, then simmer for 30 minutes. Pull out the blender, and it’s ready to go.
It’s the easiest set it and forget it dish you will make this holiday season.
Simple Cranberry Sauce
Time: 40 minutes
- 12oz Fresh cranberries
- 1 Orange, medium sized
- 1/2c Granulated sugar
- Wash the cranberries under running water.
- In a medium pot add the cranberries, orange juice, and sugar.
- Put the pot over medium heat and bring to a slow boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend the sauce until smooth.
- Set aside until ready to use.